Sunday, May 3, 2009

My growing boy...

Otis is doing so many funny things these days. This entry is mainly for me, it is a record of my bright and bubbly boy's ever-growing brain. It may be boring for you, or come off as bragging. It's just pride though, honestly, and a desire to remember it all...

He can walk! Finally, over the Easter weekend, he started off taking 10, 15 steps, and now walks more often than not. He seems to be being pulled along by an invisible rope, he doesn't appear able to entirely control the direction he is headed in. Priceless.

He's doing animal noises. Woofing when he sees actual, or illusrated, dogs, and growling at tigers. Gorgeous!

He loves to "read" all by himself. It doesn't matter whether the book is the right way up! He gets a thrill out of turning the pages and babbling. My mother-in-law said he mimics my tone of voice when he does this. I am so glad he likes books.

He can identify an elephant, and puts his arm up next to his head, like a trunk.

He hyperventilates over the noise or sight of a motorbike, garbage truck (absolute highlight of his week), semi-trailer, 4WD... I never, ever encouraged such masculine behaviour. It honestly just happened.

He loves Thomas and Friends (he sings along, unclearly but with pretty good pitch, to the theme song), In The Night Garden and Bambaloo. Also becoming interested in The Lion King.

Likes clapping for himself when he knows he's done something impressive.

Points out planes, even when they are only a speck in the sky, his eyes and ears obviously work well!

He loves to bite Phil's big toe, and to smell his own shoes and socks and feet. All part of the novelty of wearing shoes!

Sleeping well, waking 1 or 2 times a night, on average, and easy to re-settle.

I've moved him onto the NUK dummies, which are better for the teeth, and he loves them.

I just love him with more intensity every moment, he amazes me and makes me laugh, and I am so glad he's mine!

No comments: