Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back at work and missing my cartoon-eyed FOUR month old...

Yes, I am back at work. It's not all bad. I actually enjoy getting ready for work and looking like an adult rather than a teen mum (which is apparently what I look like, even though I am 30. People always look at me as if I am inappropriately young to be a mother. Annoying now, but nice when I am 90, I guess).

We have to be so organised! I spend most of the night before preparing. Packing Oti's Occy's bag (lunch, spare clothes, dummies, the dreaded disposables, sheets for his sleep on the big boy bed, water, outfit for the day) Peggy's kit (dummies, bibs, multiple jumpsuits, socks and something warm to appease Mum's need to dress her in many layers, bottle, frozen breastmilk) and laying out my own clothes, plus preparing my own lunch and packing my cooler bag with breastmilk bags and the blessed pump)... I have 30 minutes in the morning to ready myself for the day, all the while praying that Peggy stays asleep until we are ready to leave.

Once on the train, I quickly apply my make-up and then READ. WITHOUT. INTERRUPTION!!!

Highlight of my day.

I then pump as soon as I get into work. Our lovely receptionist Caroline made me a spiffy sign to put on the meeting room door to keep all the men out! A colleague suggested it read "Milking in Progress", but we decided to be slightly more abstract.

I pump at 8, 12 and 4. I can take my laptop in with me and work during the process.

Home at 5, home to the little girl I miss more than I expected I would! Phil and I are just so obsessed with her eyes, they are so dark and deep and almost cartoonish in shape. I really love them and go all gooey inside when they are fixed on me.

Otis continues to LOVE her:

"Peggy. Coot."

"Peggy. Boo-a-ful."

"Peggy. Love her."

No comments: