Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Followed by a great night!

After yesterday, I had no expectations of how Otis would go overnight. But I decided to try a few new tactics... And I'm pleased to announce that they appear to have worked!

He woke up at 6, and I gave him a big, long feed... Both sides instead of just the one. Phil then took him for a walk, which gave me a much needed reprieve and allowed me to recharge the batteries and improve my attitude. He started to get tired, yawning and whining, at around 7:30. I fed him again at 8, even though he didn't seem to need it — this is what is known in the mothering world as a "top-up" feed. Phil managed to get him to sleep by 8:30, and he slept in his own bed until 3!!! Yiiippppeeeeee!!!!!

I was most proud, and am feeling quite energised after such a long, uninterrupted sleep. Well, actually, it wasn't completely uninterrupted... I woke up every hour or so to check that he was still breathing, and to marvel at the situation I suddenly found myself in!! I managed to fall asleep again withing minutes each time, however.

Even though I think it's FANTASTIC that he's sleeping so well alone, I must confess to missing our nights together, missing that sweet little sleepy face looking up at me, missing those tiny, tickling little breaths, and the hand on my boob. I'll always look back on our co-sleeping days with joy and fondness...

Mum and Lani came to get him about an hour ago...

No comments: