Monday, September 20, 2010

Peace and quiet for two hours at least...

Yes, I do look forward to this time of day. Not quite as much as the moment I first get to lay eyes on my bubbas after waking, but the silence and the time to cook, and clean, and attend to all those little to-dos on my list... It's nice.

However, I have been worried about the progression of Peggy's naps, from two to one. I was expecting this would happen around the twelve month mark, but, as is characteristic of my girl, the change has occurred a few months early. About a week ago she started becoming more difficult to get down for both naps. Lots of silliness, squawking and laughing and then tears. So I bit the bullet, after Lan suggested I give one sleep a try. I was thinking I'd have to do them back-to-back - Peggy down 11-1, Otis 1:30-3:30, and that I'd lose my "free" time as a result. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but it would make life somewhat more challening. But, no, my girl has decided to make life easy for me, and has happily stayed up until 1pm almost every day for the past 4! It is now 3:15, Otis has been asleep for 2 hours exactly and she's been down for 2 hours, 20 minutes.

Go Booroo!!!

I know with Otis it was huge to get him to stay up until 11 at first! I slowly pushed him back to 12, then 1, and then sometimes 2, depending on Peggy.

They really are all so different!

Love that I am able to work this stuff out myself, in a way that suits my individual children and the type of family I strive to lead, without resorting to the likes of Gina Ford etc... I don't get those regimented, overtly scheduled books... Is parenting really a one-size-fits-all process?

No comments: