Friday, November 14, 2008

Sleep at 10 months of age...

Two steps forward, one step back. There is always something.

This week Otis has had two wonderful, restful nights, only waking once or twice, which has been such a change. Of course, I miss him when he's in his cot, as much as I am desperate for him to stay asleep in it longer. Oh, there's no logic.

Anyway, he's falling asleep in the evening fairly easily, with the help of Sammy the Seahorse and lots of patting. Oh, and a breastfeed, of course. But the day sleeps are another thing altogether. He's staying awake for 4 hour periods, so 7-11, sleep for 45-90 minutes, the awake from 12ish-4ish, then sleeping 'til 5:30!! This is too late. It then puts his bedtime back to 9 or so, which means I get no TV time, so non-mothering time, and it absolutely sucks. I am so drained right now, after a long evening.

The other thing with the day sleeps is the amount of time and stress I am putting into settling him to sleep. He just wants to roll around in his cot, sit up, stand up, hold on to the bars, and laugh. It is incredibly draining and frustrating. Sometimes tear-inducing. I hope it's just a phase...

No comments: