Thursday, December 10, 2009

A happier couple of days...

My little girl seems somewhat happier. Why? It could be a few things:

1. I am doing all feeds lying down. I think this stems the flow a little, she gulps less and seems very comfy and calm. It's nice for me too, but probably not an option when I am in the middle of Westfield... I know I have a very healthy supply, and I am lucky in that regard, but maybe it's a bit too much?
2. I dropped into the Baby Health Centre... They were frighteningly busy, so didn't stay, but on my way out I picked up a little leaflet which details the irritable periods you can expect to encounter during your baby's first year of life. The crying face above the 5 week mark indicated that we were smack bang on target. According to this sheet (the source of which remains unknown) she should be happier for the next two weeks... I can always dream!
3. I am going with the flow more than I was, and worrying less about bad habits and bad parenting. Letting Otis watch his "Santa show" repeatedly so that I can attend to her in peace, letting them both sleep in my bed. Just surviving. Maybe she can feel the shift in attitude?

It's impossible to tell. But she is crying less, her irritability now seems much more within the realms of normal. I still wouldnt call her happy or easy, but she's less scary right now, that's for sure. Don't want to speak too soon though!

Positive observation for the day - she is going to have curls! I can already tell. Just picture it, blond curls!!

No comments: